How To Enhance Your Business’s Curb Appeal
When you hear the words curb appeal, it’s highly likely that your mind will flip instantly to making your home more attractive to potential buyers before an open house. However, the benefits of a strong curb appeal on a commercial property must not be overlooked – especially if you need to bring in more customers.
From a business perspective, enhancing your curb appeal can:
- Change the public perception of your brand, making you appear more professional and trustworthy.
- Help you differentiate your businesses from others in the local area.
- Create a more welcoming space for both employees and customers.
While you likely already spent a lot of time finding the right location for your small business and decorating the interiors of your office, it’s crucial that you don’t forget about the exterior of your property either. Here are some top tips to get you started!
- Carry out any necessary refurbishments first. The first step towards improving how your property looks from the outside is dealing with any necessary refurbishments. For example, if the asphalt is cracked or otherwise damaged, you should look into commercial paving services that can give the space a new lease for life.
- Make regular maintenance a priority. There are more benefits to enhancing your curb appeal than just the aesthetic value it will add to your property. After all, it will help protect your business from the most common health and safety disasters too. As such, you should make it a priority to carry out regular maintenance to the exterior of your building, such as cleaning out gutters and drains.
- Add signage. Whether you run a clothing company or restaurant, you cannot underestimate the importance of signage when it comes to curb appeal. After all, if potential customers cannot find you, how can you expect them to walk through the door? Your sign should be bold, eye-catching, and cohesive with your brand so that passersby can not only spot your business but also gain some kind of idea of what you have to offer.
- Go for a pop of color. One of the easiest ways to stand out on a busy street front is to do something nobody else is doing – and adding a pop of color to your property could be the solution you are looking for. For example, you could paint your doors or window frames an eye-catching shade, using the concept of color psychology to your advantage. For example, yellow is said to attract attention more than any other color, and it is also considered to be bright, warm, and welcoming – making it the perfect color to feature in your business’s design.
- Bring in some greenery. Plants and greenery are another great way to make your business look more attractive from the outside. In fact, a recent study found that plants ‘can help increase customer retention, encourage people to stay longer in the shop, and increase their desire to come back afterwards.’ This is because they automatically associate the space with being more welcoming.